Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Leave Me Out Of It, Senator Obama!

I'm a little tired of hearing Obama say that our enemy is cynicism, subtly implying that Dems are equally to blame for the current political problems. I find that offensive. It wasn't Democrats who spent tens of millions of dollars trying to "nail" Clinton, who had an illegal phone-jamming operation in New Hampshire, who sent harassing and misleading phone calls to voters in key battleground districts; it wasn't Democrats these past 6 years who have abused the power of the presidency, who decimated FEMA, attacked the American safety net and screwed over our veterans. It was the GOP.

The cynicism that I see is from the fact that Bush and the GOP have continually topped themselves on incompetence and dishonesty. I never trusted Bush to do a good job (I didn't vote for him in 2000 or 2004), but even I was surprised just how atrocious he turned out to be on so many different issues.

Based on their records and achievements, I have Obama over Edwards. But Obama's consistent lumping the Democrats in the same league, however subtly, is making me reevaluate that. Our problems are predominately one-sided at this point. Blurring that distinction gives the Republicans who have most contributed to the current cynicism some cover.

I'm tired of hearing Cheney and Fox News say that I want to help the terrorists. I'm also tired of Obama implying that I'm part of the current political problems. I realize he may not have a campaign if he stops, but it's starting to wear a little thin.

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps you may need to know that even before bush came into office, the voting rate was less than 50%. and that's coz dems via DLC have become republicanlite. It is clinton who gave us Nafta, WTO which are responsible for job outsourcing and companies moving headquarters overseas.

 
At March 14, 2007 8:36 PM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

I think the "republican lite" talk is childish and insufficient.

Outsourcing has been going on for decades in the U.S. on a large scale. It's nothing new. The failure to adapt is. Jobs may have been lost during the Clinton years, but there were many more created than lost. Oh yeah, and income in ALL brackets went up. More people were going to college and less were in poverty as well. What a travesty. Darn those Clintons. I can't believe they wanted universal health care 12 years ago. Bunch of conservative republicanlite types for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home