Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why I Can't Get Into Obama

Obama is making the claim that we need to get the cynicism out of politics. That we need to get away from the negatives of politics. I've said before that I've heard scores of politicians speak and they all pretty much say that and it's a pretty meaningless statement, or "cheap rhetoric" if you will. But I think this article from the Washington Post dramatically emphasizes this. Sam Fox, who donated a lot of money to the shrill GOP group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, was asked by John Kerry how he felt about the politics personal destruction. According to the Post:
Fox replied that he was "very concerned" that politics have become too "mean and destructive," especially with the participation of independent "527" groups such as Swift Boat Veterans.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see Obama saying anything novel or exciting here. And don't even get me started on his talk about "hope". I grew up close to poverty and people struggling. They don't need any more hope, they need a fair shake. I don't have to be convinced to vote for him in a general elect because he's clearly head and shoulders above the GOP candidates. But please. Give me something to be excited about.

(I should note that I'm overworked and having some experimental problems. I had to rant.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home