Friday, November 03, 2006

Nostalgia

In the mid to late 90s, I was young and optimistic. Almost everyone agreed the country was headed in the right direction. The economy was great. More people were going to college. For the first time, minorities were actually increasing their net worth. Poverty was beginning to decline. The hatred and vitriol of today's politics hadn't completely infected and perverted civil discourse. Friends weren't having to go to war. People were happy. Other countries liked the U.S. Yeah, good times. Especially for a young person trying to find himself in Seattle.

I'm a dork, I know. But listening to Shakira's earlier stuff (particularly, from her early album) always makes me nostalgic. So, here ya go. One of my favorites and kinda makes me long for the political innoncence I once had. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home