Thursday, November 09, 2006

2008 Prediction

Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack will get whalloped in his bid for the presidency. I'd be surprised if he could muster 10% in NY or CA. He's a pretty popular governor so perhaps he'll win Iowa pretty easily. If that's the case, then you have to ask if other candidates will even bother canvassing Iowa and if it's worth their time. That would mean Iowa won't be a bellweather in '08 and all the people there will be ignored--then they'll know how the rest of us feel. This puts more focus on New Hampshire and Nevada. Should he chose to run, I believe Gen. Wes Clark will do really well in both those states amongst Dems--he and his volunteers campaigned pretty hard for candidates that the other potentials didn't even notice, from top of the ticket races to the state legislature.

I think it's obvious that Clark is my top choice in '08, and now that Dems won the Senate, I think this puts Clark in the best position for '08 since Warner is out. The GOP is probably pull their grade school hijinks over the next couple years so I have a hard time imgaining a viable Senate candidate emerging as a clear leader. There are a lot of competent Senators, but most of the well deserving committee chairs don't seem to have presidential ambitions and the ones that do are going to have a hard time getting out of the shadow of Harry Reid, who has been--and hopefully continue to be--a solid leader.

I won't predict Clark will be the nominee--heck I don't even know if he'll run--but I know I'll be helping out. You should too!

6 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,nice blog!!! I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash

 
At November 09, 2006 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,nice blog!!! I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash

 
At November 09, 2006 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,nice blog!!! I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash

 
At November 10, 2006 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree that Wesley Clark is the best candidate in 08'

Clarkie08'

 
At November 10, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger seamus said...

Sadly, the MSM isn't really talking about Clark yet, still focusing on all-Hillary-all-the-time, Obama, Kerry, and Gore. And a little Vilsack.

 
At November 11, 2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous MiniGram said...

I've been rooting for Clark as President since 3/03 when he was a CNN commentator about the war. It seems to me that he has been quietly doing all the right things to prepare for a run, but just staying below the radar. He has developed his speaking skills and learned how to answer the hostile questions as a Fox commentator. He's built a huge network of Dem fans nation wide. No one else has his credibility on National Security. If he runs, he could be unstoppable. It's better that the talking heads aren't looking his way right now. If and when he announces, it will make a huge splash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home