Monday, October 23, 2006

Pants on Fire, Part II

Steve Westly earned my personal scorn for peddling lies about Angelides' environmental record earlier this year. Unfortunately, Schwarzenegger seems to have followed suit in the claim that Angelides was cited by the EPA in one of his ads. (I don't watch much TV, so I'm a little behind, I know.) Not only is Schwarzenegger a liar, but he's an unoriginal liar. (BTW, thanks a lot, Steve!)

There is a reason why Angelides is supported by every major environmental organization. He's got realistic and effective ideas to protect the environment. Many more ideas than Schwarzenegger has presented. But I guess, celebrity and hours in the make-up chair are more important than ideas.

Yes, I'm bitter. Proposition after proposition on the ballot are calling to borrow more money, instead of pay as you go. When in the hell did I become more economically conservative than our so-called libertarian governor? The GOP is just pathological in their "borrow-and-spend" mentality. I don't consider myself a tax-and-spender, but I'd chose that over borrow and spend. We have the boomers again and about to bankrupt the country and we are just borrowing more and more money. I don't want to have to pay more because politicians like Bush and Schwarzenegger like to give the illusion that we can have our lunch for free.

2 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Marie said...

meow meow meow, Gilbert. This trick would have been used if Steve had said it or not. You KNOW both candidates got nasty. Don't try to blame primary politics for the fact that Angie just isn't holding up in the General.

 
At October 24, 2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

The bitterness mentioned was more about the bond measures and the borrow and spend mentality of the GOP (and Dem enablers) than the primary. And I've definitely been complaining about Angelides lack of a general campaign--even back in June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home