Monday, October 23, 2006

I Missed the Obamawagon

OK, I don't think I was ever on the Obama '08 bandwagon (I've been on the Clark bandwagon since October '03). I hear what he says--and mostly like it--but I don't know what he really stands for policy wise. I've been to enough speeches and have talked to enough state and federal leaders (and candidates) to become immune to political rhetoric. It may make some tingly inside, but I am much more interested in the nuts-and-bolts of policy. At this point, no matter how exciting Obama is, I don't have any real basis on which to judge him policy wise.

Until I have a way in which to evaluate him on something more than speeches, he is by far in the back of the pack on my list of presidential candidates. That doesn't mean he couldn't easily move up, he just has an enormous amount of ground to cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home