Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Different World

I'm super busy but noticed this little nugget (via Kevin Drum) coming from Rick Santorum:
You probably remember well when Bill Clinton and the Democrats passed the largest single tax increase in our nation's history in 1993, $293 billion.

That sent our nation into an economic slump.
I think I'm old enough to remember the "slump" that was one of the longest and strongest economic recoveries. I guess when the income of every income level increases, it's called a slump. When only the top half increase it's "strong growth". I'd say Santorum should stick to his Religious chastisement of all things related to sex, but it doesn't seem as if the GOP is much interested in oversight on things like colleagues inviting 15-16 year olds out for ice cream. (That one really creaped me out.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home