Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Five Bucks

I have to admit, I'm a little irate this morning. Yesterday it was extremely hot in lab because our building needs to conserve energy and has had to cut air conditioning. That's tolerable, but I've had to put off some experiments for at least a week. I'll spare you details of the extremely LOUD work right below my desk, but just mention that I was a foot away from getting drilled in the foot. Deep breath.

Then I wake up to read that the chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works committee is comparing me to the Third Reich. That can really push me over the edge when I'm already wound up. (The LA Times had a good op-ed on global warming deniers.)

To calm my nerves a little, I'll donate some money to the DSCC. I typically go out for lunch with friends two or three times a week. Rather than doing that, I'll skip a meal (~$5) and give that to the DSCC instead. There are about 15 weeks before 11/7, which corresponds to $75. Since the DSCC is triple matching that's $225. I'll also be getting others to donate soon.

Here's to hoping there will be a Democratic Senator as chairman of the Environment and Public Works committee in January 2007 (my contribution confirmation code: VQEE0A70A099). One that isn't the town dunce and extremely offensive. Feel free to leave your confirmation code in the comments.

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

My brother just turned 18 last week and he has donated! Confirmation code: VQCE0A70AD27.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home