Sunday, July 16, 2006

An Eye For An Eye...

Makes the whole world blind, according to Gandhi. I do believe there is a lot of truth to that.

I was thinking of that statement as I came accross this quote from an article in the Guardian:
"When the Zionists behave like there are no rules and no red lines and no limits to the confrontation, it is our right to behave in the same way," a tired-looking but defiant [Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah] Nasrallah said in a televised address. He said Hezbollah hit Haifa because of Israel's hits on Lebanese civilians.
Sadly, this kind of thinking results in the deaths of people who do not believe the same and who do not want to die. After thousands of years of humanity, it is sad to still see this behavior.

And the U.S. is not immune. One thing that upsets me the most is the view that we have the right to treat detainees in inhumane ways because they wish to do us harm. I'm offended that we resort to the same level as terrorists. We are Americans, not terrorists! I believe I am better than a terrorist and would like to think that our country is. Why, then, do we calibrate our moral compass based on what the terrorists do? We should stop terrorism, but we should never resort to their level.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous aviation mechanic jobs employment said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a aviation mechanic jobs employment
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home