Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"Iraq II or a Nuclear Iran?"

In a blistering column in today's New York Times, Thomas Friedman, a fairly non-partisan and erudite foreign affairs expert, unleashes on the Bush foreign policy and military apparatus.
"If these are our only choices, which would you rather have: a nuclear-armed Iran or an attack on Iran's nuclear sites that is carried out and sold to the world by the Bush national security team, with Don Rumsfeld at the Pentagon's helm?

I'd rather live with a nuclear Iran....I have zero confidence in this administration's ability to manage a complex military strike against Iran, let alone the military and diplomatic aftershocks."
Ouch. This from someone who favored (albeit reluctantly) the Iraq war.

And then there's my favorite part:
"I look at the Bush national security officials much the way I look at drunken drivers. I just want to take away their foreign policy driver's licneses for the next three years."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home