Thursday, December 01, 2005

Color in Congress

I don't know how likely it is that Corzine will select NJ state senator Nia Gill to replace him in the Senate. Nor do I have an opinion of her. But I think diversity in the Senate would be a good thing. After Katrina, polls showed that African-Americans were much more likely to think that the government was slow to respond because of the high concentrations of African-Americans than caucasian Americans. I'll keep my view on the veracity of that claim to myself but it clearly shows that there are different outlooks in this country. It's about time the Senate gets representation for the minority outlook.

Sadly, the devestation of Katrina seems to have receeded from our national discussion. Perhaps with a more diverse Senate, this would not be the case.

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Best Home Based Business said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
Stop by and look at my home based business work from home blog site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home