Monday, November 07, 2005

The Ugly Side of Prop. 73

The No on 73 website has a section on real stories worth a few minutes time. One narative is particularly chilling:
I was taken way into the outskirts of town to a remote two-story building. Two men in black suits ushered me into a dimly lit room, which was empty except for an examining table with stirrups. They told me not to look at them. I looked down to the floor. I was told to get on the table and keep my eyes shut or I would be blindfolded. My arms were strapped down to the table. I was then told if anything went wrong that they couldn't help me and I could die, but that usually didn't happen.

One of them told me to open my mouth so he could put a piece of wood between my teeth. I was to bite down hard on the stick when the pain got bad and not to make any noise. My heart was racing and hammering in my ears. The pain was excruciating. I bit down on the stick harder and harder, tears streamed down my cheeks. I didn't dare make a sound. I kept my eyes shut tight so they would know that I hadn't seen them. I wanted my Mama holding my hand to make me feel safe, but there was no way she would have accepted me being pregnant. Now she would never know.
I'm not a big fan of abortion, but this is precisely why so many people fought to make it legal 30 years ago. Unfortunately, too many people are more content on making abortion illegal as opposed to reducing the number of abortions.

5 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Science Library Pad: conferences, tag collisions, the power of AND
The California Library Association conference is going on . Logical tags would be the usual suspects: CLA2005 or CLA05 .
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction of pa on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction of pa!

 
At November 08, 2005 2:53 PM, Blogger blazerup said...

I enjoyed your site very much it was a great help looking for info on uk medical insurance.
I also have a site with information on uk medical insurance and would appreciate it very much if you would take a look and give a critique.

 
At February 17, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Home Based Business Work said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Where you been? You have got to look at my home based mlm business opportunity blog!

 
At February 24, 2007 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

event motorcycle

 
At March 06, 2007 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home