Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dream Deferred

I've been a fan of Langston Hughes ever since I first read Dream Deferred back in high school a long time ago:
What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?

Or fester like a sore--
And then run?

Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?
I bring this up because I'm reviewing Shame of the Nation by Jonathan Kozol and will be brainstorming my thoughts on education and race here. While you're waiting, you can check out this Newsweek article. If anyone wants to help fact check this book, let me know--I'm lazy.

3 Comments:

At October 09, 2005 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top Business News 10/9
Alcoa kicks off the 3rd quarter earnings season. The world's biggest aluminum producer has already primed investors for weaker results, it is just 1 of a litany of industrial companies expected to point to ...
Oh please - visit my site too - elosu

 
At June 27, 2006 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the good thing about your blog is, its natural. Appreciate your views and added my comment on it. keep it moving and have a great blog. cheers !!!! payday cash advance

 
At October 08, 2006 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REMODELING

vinyl siding Tips for building or remodeling your dream home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home