Friday, July 01, 2005

From a friend of a friend, FYI -- it's scary seeing your own country doing things like this. We read about all these things in the news, but geez...

Hey all:

My uncle and aunt got taken away by Homeland Security last week, and have since been locked away in a detention prison in Virginia, and I need your help. I myself have little faith in this "contact your senators" approach -- but we're stuck here with very very few options, and we're using what little options we have to try to make some noise and get some attention paid to this. Go here to send a quick and easy fax... and for more information... http://www.stopdetention.org/.

This is a disaster. Detention is a black hole - it's like talking to a crazy person. Ask the same question 5 times (like, uh, why did you take my aunt and uncle?) and you get 5 different answers (an airport investigation. they are out of status. we're deporting them. we're bringing them back in 2 hours. we have information that they're a high security risk to the US.) In reality, they're elderly folks in their 70s who are so law-abiding they don't even freaking jaywalk. They are struggling with an asylum case that recently got denied (again), and worked at Dulles airport. Those two things together apparently spell baaad news.

Here's the site with more information and a way to fax the senators in Virginia: http://www.stopdetention.org/. We have a lawyer and are working on media stuff, but if you have any other brilliant ideas, shoot 'em on.

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 5:46 AM, Blogger Best Home Based Business said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
I want you to stop and compare with my start your own online home based business blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home