Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Headlines that Gilbert has not yet claimed...

Everytime I find an article that seems even slightly interesting or blog-worthy on which I would like to comment, Gilbert has already claimed it. So, today I am taking advantage of everyone's finals nuttiness and claiming the two coolest headlines in the news:

1. Deep Throat Unmasked
All I have to say is that W. Mark Felt is the coolest person in the world. I was very sad to see this morning, that on Fox News, some guy was saying that Felt exposed Nixon because the President would not promote him. Do they, meaning the Fox News people, not realize that the information was still real!

2. Emmitt Till exhumed
My comment on this article includes only two questions: will the coroners be able to determine Till's cause of death? And, will the case reignite the racism that swirled around the first case?

It is finals, after all, so I will end my commentary there. Enjoy the articles! And, if you have not already read either of these, you officially live in a box.

2 Comments:

At June 02, 2005 11:30 AM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

Hey, I let some good ones go by...occasionally.

Bart: "Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 31 and I made $600 last year."

Marge: "Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They just made a poor life choice."

 
At June 02, 2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

Seriously, though. When you can't dispute the message, attack the messenger--the essence of right-wing media "criticism".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home