Wednesday, May 25, 2005

They're at it Again...

OK, if you're Karl Rove and the facts are damaging the credibility of your party and movement, what's the best way to save yourself? Remove the credibility of the messengers. I mentioned not too long ago my apprehension about the Newsweek affair, but now it seems as though they are going after the Washington Post.

I hate sounding like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm significantly frightened by the trajectory our nation is heading in. According to Reuters, there was more than one source for the Post article:
The Washington Post, citing accounts given by federal officials who spoke on condition of anonymity, reported that Rumsfeld had given the military authority to take the action, if necessary, against the diminutive Cessna 150 that had wandered into restricted airspace over the Washington area.
Of course, a Pentagon spokesman (read spin doctor) denies the charge. And, surprise, surprise, Scotty McClellan is having a fit.

This appears to be an attack on "anonymous" sources. Now, since whistle blower safe gaurds are weakening, if anonymous sources are not used, we have no check on the government at all. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but this reaks of a Karl Rove move.

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Home Based Business Work said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
Check out my home based business for moms blog, you won't be sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home