Monday, May 02, 2005

Praise for the Administration

I knew if I looked long and hard enough, I could find something Bush is doing (or allowing) that I thought was the right move. I almost skipped an NYT article about increasing prosecutions for safety violations:
This new approach addresses a chronic weakness in the regulatory system - the failure of federal agencies to take a coordinated approach toward corporations that repeatedly violate the same safety and environmental regulations. The E.P.A. and OSHA in particular have a history of behaving like estranged relatives. Yet the central premise of this unfolding strategy is that shoddy workplace safety often goes hand in hand with shoddy environmental practices.
From the looks of it, it seems sensible. One way to reduce workman's compensation bills is to make sure that your workplace is safe and your workers are properly trained.

So, at long last: Good work, Mr. President! Please follow through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home