Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Importance of Positive Government

I thought I'd try to precipitate a series of positive posts. I'll start off by mentioning one of the reasons I proudly consider myself a Democrat: The Civil Rights Act. Here are a couple of snippets:

An Act

To enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States to provide injunctive relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the Attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs, to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity, and for other purposes.


Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That this Act may be cited as the "Civil Rights Act of 1964".

...

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

...

SEC. 601. No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

...

SEC. 703. (a) It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer--


(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or


(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

8 Comments:

At April 18, 2005 3:16 PM, Blogger Gilbert Martinez said...

I think this is positive!

 
At July 09, 2006 1:33 AM, Anonymous accor hotel reservations in houston said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my accor hotel reservations in houston site.
Have a great day!

 
At October 20, 2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Meg Taylor said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my employment Louisiana site.
Good luck!

 
At October 22, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Meg Taylor said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my employment Utah site.
Have a great week!

 
At March 01, 2007 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site about
work at home internet business opportunity. I am bookmarking it.
Please also visit my site aboutwork at home internet business opportunity

 
At April 22, 2013 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this site regularly, this website is really fastidious and the visitors are in fact sharing nice thoughts.

Also visit my page: diets that work

 
At June 14, 2013 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It will always be helpful to read content from other writers and practice something from their websites.



my page; wright

 
At June 15, 2013 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the net.
I am going to recommend this web site!

Feel free to visit my web site - pittsford ()

 

Post a Comment

<< Home